1. Sleepy Food – Try this secret ingredient food item (that is probably in your kitchen right now) to help your little ones fall asleep easier. This is one of my most favorite sleep hacks ever!
2. Lavender – There is story after story on the internet about children being lulled to sleep with the power of lavender essential oil. It’s really incredible. With Paityn, I used a lavender mix (one combined with a few other oils) and it was something I always went to in my arsenal of sleep inducers. It’s inexpensive, powerful and can be used for a ton of other things. You’d be crazy not to keep a bottle of this around.
3. Weighted Blankets – Placing gentle pressure on kids with a weighted blanket is said to help their body produce chemicals naturally needed to fall asleep, serotonin and endorphins. Thank you Meet Mot & Pea for this idea!
4. Black Out Curtains – Darken up that room! In my experience, letting in outside light always keeps my daughter up. It must absolutely be completely dark except for her faint blue night light. There is an awesome product called the Gro-Anywhere Blind that literally folds up and can pop up over any window when you need it. Perfect solution.
5. Once They’re Asleep – Keep Them There – If you can’t seem to keep your kids in their bed throughout the night, try this simple trick to keep them from waking up looking for you. This idea from Your Modern Family is really genius!
Bonus: I just got this new book they are saying is guaranteed to put your kid to sleep. Have you seen it? It’s called The Rabbit Who Wants To Fall Asleep and we are loving it!!
If you are looking for a sleep training guide, I will recommend Moms on Call. I count them as my saving grace for a good sleeping child and know for certain I wouldn’t have the good sleeper I do without their advice.
Please remember that I am not a doctor nor do I have any medical knowledge beyond my mommy experience. I’m just passing along things that have worked for me and others. Perhaps these sleep hacks will work for you as well!
Image Credit: nomakeuprequired.com